We visited a cupcake shop this weekend called Sugarlina.
Upon inspecting the “goods”, my son proceed to inform the cashier that he didn’t want the plate, fork and napkin she insisted he needed. “I don’t need these, I know how to eat a cupcake”! he demanded. Which prompt me to find out how its done from a 4 year old.
Step-by-Step Instructions on How to PROPERLY Eat a Cupcake
1) ” You must eat the sprinkles first, before they fall off and make a mess”.
2) “Lick the frosting. Make sure you make a volcano or big wave, go upwards…like this”.
3) “Eat all the frosting first, don’t forget this part”.
4) “Then pull off the wrapper, give it to your Mom”.
5) “Then shove it in your mouth, and do the cupcake dance”.
And that was that!
Sugarlina Bakeshop’s cupcakes are so pretty you don’t want to eat them. Jaf chose a chocolate cupcake, and Lou Lou wanted a vanilla with chocolate frosting. I’m not able to comment on the taste for those since they didn’t even give me a bite. I had a red velvet cupcake, it was moist, and the frosting was sweet with the perfect amount of cream cheese. They also sell macaroons, which I heard were delicious!
Kid Friendly, Accepts Credit Cards, Limited Seating, FREE water
** TIP: They had a buy one get one FREE cupcake after 7pm.**
98-199 Kamehameha Hwy
Aiea, Hawaii 96701